The DSA driving theory test is available
at various test centres around the country, the local centre to
myself is situated in Four Oaks next to the train station. The
theory test is computer based, and costs are currently £30.00 per
sit. You may sit the test as many times as is necessary in order to
achieve the pass mark, each time you sit the test you must pay the
Important! - You need to pass the theory test
before you can book and take a practical test.
The theory test
is broken down into two sections as below:-
A. Multiple choice element
- There is a 15-minute practice session you can work through before starting the tests.
- This section is designed to test your understanding of the theory behind driving.
- You have just under an hour to complete the questions.
- There are 50 randomly selected, multiple-choice questions and you need to get at least 43 right to pass.
B. Hazard Perception Test
- This forms a
second section of the theory test and must be passed at the same
- There are 14 videos, each about a minute long.
This section is designed to tests your awareness of potential
hazards whilst driving.
The videos feature various types of hazard, such as road
conditions, vehicles and pedestrians.
The earlier you spot a hazard developing that may require the
driver to take some action, the higher the score.
There are 15 score able hazards in the test and candidates can
score up to 5 points on each hazard.
The pass mark is 44 out of 75.
Remember once passed
your theory certificate is only valid for a maximum of two years,
you must complete and pass your practical test within this time
period or you will be required to re-take a new theory test.
|To book a Test
Telephone: 0870 010 1372
Click for the official DSA website
Ask me and I can
book it for you.